I think this explains everything (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:48 (1764 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Not wanting to be spoiled is not about just not knowing a twist. It’s about allowing yourself to experience the unfolding of a narrative. Even something straightforward with no “twists” or “shocks” benefits from this.

Narratives are set up for this. We are always asking ourselves when editing “what does the audience know right now? What do they think about this at this moment?” Even about small things such what affectation a character’s response to something should be. And so decisions as to how to present the narrative are designed around these questions.

Let me ask you something. If you like knowing beforehand, do you read the walkthrough for the games you play the first time?

I think this explains everything
I think I now understand why you think everyone else automatically understands you and thinks exactly like you do, plays like you do, enjoys the things you enjoy, is motivated by the same things as you, plays the same way you do for the same goals/reward, holds the same opinion as you, etc

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread