O_o (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, November 01, 2019, 15:17 (1646 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's not what you said, it's how you said it.

I really don't know how to feel about that. I genuinely appreciate the attempt at de-escalation, but I'm almost certain this only applies in spoken conversation.

Otherwise its not so much the way I said it as the way you heard it.

While I can certainly apologise for not making my intent more clear, I have very little agency over how you choose to interpret my words. Maybe it speaks to how I have comported myself, but given that I make a concerted (though not infallible) effort not to resort to namecalling, ad hominem, strawman arguments or rallying calls (unlike some here), it strikes me as disingenuous to assume ill intent with no good reason beyond the fact that you disagree with me.

But just in case I need to make this clear - I do not ever intend to incite outrage, belittle the beliefs or opinions of others, or otherwise tell you how to act or what/how you should consume.

I'm tired of this conflict. But if you take anything away from it, I'd ask that you maybe reconsider your use of language suggesting fanaticism, zealotry, or lack of control next time you want to de-escalate.

Exhaustedly yours,
Forum SJW

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread