Thar be whales in them tharr hills (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 02, 2019, 11:40 (1645 days ago) @ narcogen

This is okay by me. I would rather spend the same amount of money and have fewer, better experiences. If I could only afford 2 games a year, but those games were perfect 11s, I wouldn't mind. That's not the problem. The problem is the games and the experiences are becoming more terrible at the AAA level.

I think you're only going to get one of those things. As the "live services" trend continues to get pushed, everyone is trying to make more games that are the kind of game you could only play one or two of, because nobody has more time than that.

The response to the "there are too many good games and not enough time" is going to be to make games that are less good, but consume even more time. And to hook in-game purchases to them.

You are right about this if current trends continue.

There are a lot of anti-consumer practices that go unnoticed when those using them are at least able to execute their jobs with competence and deliver an entertaining product. That's what makes Destiny "not everyone's cup of tea" and makes Fallout 76 an embarassing farce.

If the only difference between Destiny and Fallout was competence, you would agree that Destiny is ultimately a con?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread