Tess Everis as a strike boss (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, November 02, 2019, 10:57 (1645 days ago) @ narcogen

That’s all fair enough. Completely understandable. I agree with a lot of it.

I see the in game stuff as far more problematic than expensive props. I guess that’s at least partly because the price of that foam sword is so completely outrageous that I find it hard to believe that anyone without a whole lot of disposable income would buy it. I literally laughed when I saw the price. I don’t think many people are going to be manipulated into spending $200 in the same way they might be to spend $20 here and there in Eververse, only to look back and realize shit, they’ve actually spent $300.

As far as the lessons Bungie are learning from all this in making Destiny . . . I don’t know. I’m not sure it matters. Destiny still hasn’t had a single player campaign that feels like it was worth playing for its own sake. Forsaken came close. The campaigns make up so little of my play time in Destiny, and I get so little out of them, I’d honestly be totally interested to see the version of Destiny that just drops them and puts those resources into making some extra strikes or another dungeon or raid instead.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread