YOU get a sword and YOU get a sword and YOU get a sword (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 04, 2019, 07:11 (1643 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is it upsetting to you if someone else calls a Bungie item "overpriced" instead of "expensive"?

I mean, they mean very different things. Expensive means "a lot of money". Overpriced means "priced more than it is worth".

A $4 popcorn is not expensive, but it is overpriced.

Yes, they do mean different things.

The question was whether or not the difference between them, directed at a third party (Bungie) is enough to *upset* a person on this board justifiably, such that it is considered a reasonable position to say, well, I wouldn't have replied if you'd said "expensive" instead of "overpriced" but now you've done it.

I didn't think there was anyone here (other than the people we know) doing PR for Bungie. I'm not sure why someone would feel obligated to act that way if they aren't, or why they should be trying to police criticism of Bungie or others to try and encourage the use of weaker, value neutral terms more acceptable to PR.

I bet PR doesn't mind so much when you call a product "expensive" because hey, you get what you pay for!

Overpriced, though? Them's fighting words, apparently.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread