I'm now wondering if Cody was just joking.... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 18:00 (1637 days ago) @ kidtsunami

kidtsunami, I think Cody was trying to be funny, but he was also pointing out that statistics show all kinds of things and obscure things, too. Cheapley argued the same when he took issue with my original stat about progress under capitalism. In that case, though, I wasn’t talking about relatively modest differences between modern developed countries. We wouldn’t have this debate 200 years ago because I’d be dead and many reading this would be, too. My opinion is that capitalism has been worth the cost.

EDIT: I wrote what I thought was going to be a brief reply about other stuff you brought up, but it turned out rather lengthy, and I think this thread has flirted with the ban hammer long enough. I don't want DBO to devolve into yet another place ruined by endless political squabbling. I'll email it to you. If anyone else wants to read it, email me and I'll send it. I don't mind discussing this further among friends--I just don't think this is the appropriate place.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread