Everybody gets one. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, November 02, 2019, 10:33 (1645 days ago) @ someotherguy

With some of the edits, the edges are smoothed,

Certainly the intent of the edits. I should point out there were all made before your post however.

Yes, I saw the timestamps too. And yet I said as I did anyway. Why? Because what you didn't see in the timestamp is how long it took me to figure out what it was that I wanted to say. During that time, you made your edits.

but done is done and there is still plenty to show.

Quoting large swathes of text with no notes beyond two bolded sentences seems rather excessive. If you want explain something please do so, rather than alluding to further explanations to come.

Ah, but you speak with haste. You speak as if I was done, when no where is such implied. How telling. That said...

Your first post has a certain obligation to it. "Yet another overpriced cosmetic". It has an air of propensity to it that implys insult, as if to indirectly say "How dare they!".

This, at least, is a fairly correct interpretation. I do feel a certain hyperbolic sense of "how dare they". It's a feeling I have about a great many things practiced by a great many people.

I don't see how expressing that is an issue, however. I'm certainly not the only one to do so, even within this thread.

Fantastic. You can see it. I can continue. I should note... your absolutely abominable attitude is the same now as which I quoted (perhaps due to that self confessed hyperbolic per-view). It seems to me that I waste time, it ain't going to do a darn'd thing. Oh well, I made the offer, so here I go.

Oh... and yes, I know. In all patterned expectation, you may feel free to express "HOW IS MY ATTITUDE ABSOLUTELY ABOMINABLE!?!". To which, in response to that possibility; Brother, I am but one man. Help as I wish, you're going to have to walk though that door yourself (regardless the number of pushes I give). Goodluck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alright... so let's bring back the listical of text.

(cheapLEY) At the risk of sounding like a total fucking moron, based on the thread I started last week . . .

Why? I don’t get it.

So they’re selling some overpriced toys in their store? Who cares? I mean, Funko Pops exist, this sort of fits right in with modern consumerism.

I don’t think it’s great. Seems really freaking expensive for an ugly piece of molded foam and complete waste of resources that went into designing it, but I also don’t think not being able to afford an overpriced toy is reason to be mad at Bungie

(Some) Instead of implementing a satisfying reward in-game, they put time, effort and resources into making yet another overpriced cosmetic (albeit an irl cosmetic) you can buy to show you did a thing in-game.

(Wu) Except that the people hired to do stuff like design real toys you can buy in the store are NOT the same people hired to build in-game rewards.

Your attitude is a little bit disturbing to me; you're acting scornful of (even disgusted by) a product that a) nobody is forcing you to purchase, b) some people seem to love (read a few over-the-top posts elsewhere), and c) affects your life NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST unless you want it to. It's as though you're telling people how they should live their lives...

(Some - Edited [Bold is what I recall the most])Telling people how to live their lives?

I'd love to see how you managed to pull that out of what I actually said.

I'll take the point about the resources being different resources (although at the end of the day it all stems from the only real resource - money they're willing to invest). But the rest? Absolute nonsense.

I don't care one bit what you all choose to spend your money on. If this is something you wanted then I'm glad it exists for you. My issue is completely unrelated to your enjoyment of the thing, and I think its intellectually dishonest to imply that I've said otherwise.

If you want to put words in my mouth, try to make them at least sound like something I'd say.

(Some) Scornful and disgusted?

Nah. Just concerned, which I had hoped would be implied by the fact I was answering the question "Why are you concerned" but maybe not.

(Kerm) But why exactly are you concerned? Boldfacing “buy” leaves it open to interpretation. You say Claude’s interpretation is wrong, so what is your concern? They might make money?

(Some - Edited) "Congratulations, you did great guys! And as a special reward, your prize is the opportunity to pay over the odds for something from our store!"

How does that not concern you?

Lucky us Bungie is so benevolent eh? I bet they hate letting people purchase products from them.

Alright, so we start this with the "hyperbolic sense of 'how dare they'", which by the way is a self described hint on how this next poster "managed to pull that out of what [you] actually said."

Enter our Fourm OG, The Lu-est of Wu-zzz. The Lu Wu over here trends toward even keeled logic and reason on the internet. I KNOW RIGHT! What-a-total-weirdo. ;D

Disgusting.

He comes in, mentions your attitude (for some reason - I guess we can ignore that), mentions that you seem "scornful of ([or] even disgusted)" (for some reason - I guess we can ignore that), and how you've put all this emotion (as implied though your post) into something that has insignificant impact upon... eh... everything? Finishing with "It's as though you're telling people how they should live their lives."

But... I guess we can ignore that, because of either Hanlon's razor or actual intent.

"Telling people how to live their lives?", you edit, somehow unable to parse the exacting nature of your original post; "I'd love to see how you managed to pull that out of what I actually said."

(I look forward to your thank you.)

You rebut with acceptance (the point about the resources - "Except that the people hired to do stuff like design real toys you can buy in the store are NOT the same people hired to build in-game rewards.") and then - "But the rest? Absolute nonsense." To which then you clarify " If this is something you wanted then I'm glad it exists for you. My issue is completely unrelated to your enjoyment of the thing, and I think its intellectually dishonest to imply that I've said otherwise.", apparently blind to your statement of...

"Effort and resources into making yet another overpriced cosmetic (albeit an irl cosmetic) you can buy to show you did a thing in-game" AKA HOW DARE THEY!" Note - WU is mostly commenting toward your ATTITUDE toward the thing, while you are rebutting, (and thus mostly missing the point) about the object its self. AKA - ITS NOT WHAT YOU SAY IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT. Ring any bells?

You then finish - again to blindness in your attitude "If you want to put words in my mouth, try to make them at least sound like something I'd say."

Lets stop here and make this even more crystal.

Had you said, "I disagree with this. I would rather Bungie put their resources into in game items instead of expensive real world items", I would not be making this post right now.

YOU SAID: Instead of implementing a satisfying reward in-game, they put time, effort and resources into making yet another overpriced cosmetic (albeit an irl cosmetic) you can buy to show you did a thing in-game.

... do you see the difference? Can you?

I was going to continue further, hence my original listical quote, but I think (and I hope) this sends home what you DESPERATELY seem to be unable to see. Everything else is more of the same. You were two strikes of three in a inflammatory matter in a very short amount of time. This usually (as I'm guessing upon the moment) is a good indicator that someone has been compromised emotionally, hence my address to chill.

So let me finish with this; YOUR ATTITUDE IS SHIT. Does that piss you off? GOOD! Point it at yourself and change. Don't come up in here and blame me (or anyone else for that matter) for your shit. You choose your words, and we are responding in action to them. If everyone around you is an asshole, the asshole is you. NOT SAYING YOU ARE, just the moment. Just the moment.

I guess I'll end with a question, since you are by all odds going to reply anyway. Can you stop, and look inward? This is the question of been wondering of you for the entirety of this posts writing. THAT'S A HINT. I'M TELLING YOU WHAT I SEE ON MY MONITOR HERE with the available data. In Blunt; the answer currently is no. I hope I'm wrong on that observation.

God speed brother.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread