I guess I'll answer it here, for whatever good it will do. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, November 02, 2019, 16:47 (1645 days ago) @ someotherguy

Lets stop here and make this even more crystal.

Had you said, "I disagree with this. I would rather Bungie put their resources into in game items instead of expensive real world items", I would not be making this post right now.

YOU SAID: Instead of implementing a satisfying reward in-game, they put time, effort and resources into making yet another overpriced cosmetic (albeit an irl cosmetic) you can buy to show you did a thing in-game.

... do you see the difference? Can you?

What are you objecting to here?

Satisfying?

Overpriced?

Is it upsetting to you if someone else calls a Bungie item "overpriced" instead of "expensive"?

Is it that I didn't slap a "I personally feel" qualifier on the front of it?

I feel it ought not be necessary to point out that all of my opinions are my opinion :s

One last loose end. I was going to wait 24, but eh. Let's just get this done and move on.

The difference, narcogen & someotherguy is emotional content, the theme of this entire bit. Words filled with emotion can imply unspoken words, and do so enough to change the meaning. That's been the theme of this whole thing. My example is purely the content of statement, sans any emotional baggage whatsoever (for the sake of contrasting effect). With my example, it is exactly that. I don't like this, and that is it. It's a statement, again, shown for contrasting effect. I'm not expecting anyone to purely talk like this all the time... beep boop. With the original quote, the "how dare they", has an obligatory tone which is wholly unearned. This brings about a negative connotation, one which Wu took... Offense? Shock?... called out. One which WU called out. Leading us down our merry way with choices made.

Having said all that, at this point this quote has been poked so much that words are starting to lose their bite. If you can't see any of what I've had to say it right now, well so be it. I did the best I could with what I have. No more use jabbering on about it. Seeing as this effort has come to a head, I'll stop of this here, 'less someone summon me back to this topic again. I never did get that thank you. :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One more thing for Narc, the only thing I would be "upset" of (though I'd say I'm far more bewildered than upset) is that this post has had the responses it has had about the original topic. All this... pointed banter over a... overpriced dust collector that you could mount on a wall. If ya want to save the world, I don't think posting here is the way to go. Seems like wasted energy to me.

I mean shoot... I'm using this again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We silly.

Ok. I'mma going go virtually blow shit up with space magic now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread