Lying. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, November 07, 2019, 09:14 (1641 days ago) @ Claude Errera

With Eververse persisting I think it's a reasonable worry that its model starts to apply to other items.

::shrug::

They've said, over and over, that this isn't going to happen. Some people think they lie, and don't believe it. I don't think they lie, and I'm willing to say that if it happens, I'll reconsider my stance, but for now, I'm okay with what they're doing.

Not saying anyone is lying.

Sometimes people just change their mind. Institutions often do, in response to internal and/or external stimuli.

If Bungie wants to absolutely allay any concerns that their in-game store might become dominated by gambling, one way to do so might be to have a policy, perhaps even as part of the user agreement, that says that no gambling is allowed ever and never will be, and to eliminate any and all, not just most, of any in-game for sale items that deploy gambling as a mechanic.

Of course, though, if they did that and THEN changed their minds... well, then they'd have been lying-- or at least in breach of agreement.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread