Kermit's Last Post (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 04, 2019, 15:58 (1643 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The problem I have with some of your line of thought here is that it seems to presume (please correct me if I’m wrong) that changing the system will reduce corruption/greed. I don’t think that’s true. I think as long as human beings are behaving in the world, there will be corruption and greed. That’s why I have so little time for the typical “capitalism is bad because GREED” arguments...

Capitalism is GOOD because of greed. It funnels this human emotion into production, innovation, and wealth. It turns greed into a positive. You want more money? Make a better thing!

Then you simply regulate as necessary to prevent the negative consequences of such greed, like monopolies, worker exploitation, environmental destructions, etc.

Everyone looks at the negative aspects of capitalism without realizing the simple fact you can design the system to prevent those things through regulation and law. Just because the system has some bad aspects doesn't mean you should totally trash it.

Just… fix those bad aspects. Crazy right?!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread