I think this argument is wrong. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 04, 2019, 12:38 (1643 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I actively avoid strike playlists now because Bungie's habit of severely limiting the number of strikes in them I find infuriating and the repetition plus nearly all players' habits of speedrunning everything is absolutely maddening.

Why do you think players race to the end of strikes? Because they only want the drops. Perhaps if strikes were like mini raids… no matchmaking but with various challenge modes for you and your friends to do and get gear by completing them.

Except strikes drop crap, so I don't know why they'd bother.

And now for the weekly drop it's not 1 strike and 3 strikes, it's only 3 strikes, so I don't bother at all.

I used to run 3 nightfalls back to back *at reset*.

Think of what a playlist would be like if it had every strike in D1/D2 in it going back to 2014.

People would still run through as fast as they can to get drops.

And I'd probably put up with it a bit longer because at least you could play for a couple of hours without seeing the same content over again.

It isn't even just repetition that bugs me, because patrol doesn't bother me in the least in this respect. Strikes, though, are always the same stuff, in the same order, the same way, every time. And it simply isn't possible to play more than 30 minutes without a high likelihood of seeing the same stuff twice.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread