Disney finally killed it (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:17 (1584 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:25

I had to Google him, but you might be right. I also disliked There Will Be Blood, Up and Toy Story 3. Especially TS3. I also enjoyed G.I. Joe (while recognizing it was bad), Grown Ups and Chuck & Larry. I would also use Idiosyncratic and contrarian as adjectives for "me". And if I'm labeled as a "smart and knowing troll" as well, then it seems you have correctly identified ManKitten's persona.

I don't know if I would label him a troll though. His life experience is just radically different than most I think.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/movie-review-a-beautiful-day-in-the-neighborhood-fred-rogers-faith-missing/

I find this to be a fascinatingly interesting take even though I think it's dead wrong (In my opinion, Roger's own faith was undercut by his support of Republicans like Regan in real life. Any appeal to faith would necessarily be hollow). But I am so glad he wrote this and that I read it. He has done me a service, which is the opposite of a troll.

He is also sometimes 100% correct:

Cinema as a unifying public event is being phased out by private streaming of narrative content.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread