Whoa there (Off-Topic)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 14:45 (1563 days ago) @ Cody Miller

These reshoots were happening because the movie wasn't scoring high enough with test audiences.

JJ Abrams himself has said there were no audience test screenings. This is fake news.

ESQ: I know you just finished the movie as of last night, but has anyone seen the finished finished product yet?

JJA: Oh yeah, yeah. Sure, I mean the final final? No. I mean the truth is, I have not even gotten to see the final product. The way it works is you do the mix, you go back and forth between two different places like you’re doing the picture at the color correction place, you’re doing the sound at the mix stage, so it’s like you’re getting it in pieces, where you say “Oh that looks amazing!” but there's no sound to it. And then you go and you say “Oh that sounds incredible!" Then you’re still putting pieces together in your head, but of course I’ve shown it at a friends and family screening, but we’ve never done like a test screening.

JJ has lied to the media before about his own movies, so I don't trust anything he says about Rise of Skywalker, especially pre-release.

As I said earlier, these reports of reshoots and test screenings are coming from the same couple sources who have provided entire plot summaries (regularly updated to reflect the most recent edits), and those plot summaries are looking to be damn near perfect. So I lean in the direction of believing them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread