Whoa there (Off-Topic)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, December 20, 2019, 12:01 (1585 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

So what are we talking about here? Do you just don't want to get into your ideal society because it would be a long discussion? I know it's easier to say what you find wrong in someone else's argument than telling your entire side of things but all I'm seeing so far is "that's wrong and I disagree"

Absolutely don't ask me to set up an ideal society. Not only would it be terrible, but you can't really do that sort of thing based on just one person.

I agree.

I don't know how to fix the world but I got pretty good at handling my own.

Are you for social shaming? Outcasting by societal vote? Who determines what is good? What is bad? Social majority? Who enforces punishment if someone breaks what society thinks is right? Do you even punish them?

Since I've been away from DBO I've discovered the best label I can find for my political beliefs is anarchism, or more specifically, anti-hierarchy. Anarchy begins at home and so I focus on the issues that are directly in front of my face and that affect my day to day life.

The discussion we're having here, while stimulating and enjoyable, is ultimately academic and has zero real impact on my life. And that's OK because it's absolutely worth having anyway.

I think everyone should think about these things. I'm just a very curious person who respects people who has meaningful debates about what they believe. I might be not believe what they believe, or even think it's good. However I can respect them for trying get their point across without resorting to slander or absolutes that go nowhere.

If those questions were not rhetorical let me know and I'll be happy to answer them in turn.

So to answer this question, I guess those questions were both serious and rhetorical at the same time based on if you wanted to answer them :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread