+1 (Off-Topic)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 16:27 (1583 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How many friggin' levels do I have to juggle to view a movie properly?

One.

If someone always tells you they are dependable and that you can count on them, yet always seems to drop the ball every time you give them a responsibility, what kind of person are they?

It doesn't matter what they say, it matters what they do. So judge a movie by what it actually is and not by what it says it is.

I don't care what it says it is. I don't care what it ACTUALLY is. I care how much it entertains me.

The idea that someone would suggest to you why they thought a movie was great, and that you would respond with "that's what it is on a textural level, but not a semiotic level" makes my eyes bug out. I don't care at all what the texture is. Or the semiotics. Only on how they affect me, after watching the movie. You can tell me I got it all wrong, but I still loved it (or hated it, or was meh about it). I don't CARE that I got it all wrong... because it's a movie. I go to movies to be entertained. Moved, even. If I was moved, it was successful. Period.

Statements like yours remind me why bananas taped to a wall with duct tape can sell for $120k.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread