Radiant Materials (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:28 (3444 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Not according to the interview with Luke someone posted here recently. Luke said basically that the Radient materials were intended to help encourage people to upgrade their stuff with the Ascendant materials instead of holding on to them while trying to get raid gear. According to him Bungie found that many players were doing exactly that and it was keeping them at a low level whereas if they just upgraded their gear and waited to upgrade Raid gear later they would have leveled up already.

Of course he is going to say that. I'm sure what he says is true, but it's not the whole reason. He's not going to go out and say "This system is to keep you from leveling too quickly". It's very very obvious that Bungie intended for the Vault of Glass and reaching 30 to be much harder than it ended up being.

Hence no Deathsinger loot drop?

I was initially a little peeved with myself for not spending that lull towards the end of season one working on alts, but I've now realized that would have been wasted effort. It is going to be much easier for my Hunter to purchase new vendor gear and go directly to Crota's End, completely ignoring the Vault of Glass. Of course, I'm aware that everything I'm doing now is temporary and will end up being a waste of time when the next expansion comes out.

Example:

Saturday morning my Warlock was wearing a full set of VoG Raid armor.

- Xur to upgrade an unused Exotic helmet
- Eris Urn Quest for arms
- Vanguard vendor for chest and boots
- Bounties to level all gear over the course of the day. I hit 31 by Saturday evening, right before we loaded up Crota's End for the first time. I went into the second Raid wearing NONE of my VoG Raid armor--armor that took MONTHS to acquire.

Bungie, stop doing stupid.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread