That's because you play as it was designed. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:08 (3444 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I also can't understand playing 250 hours and saying the game is broken again and again on the forum... Something. Does. Not. Compute!

1. Lots of stuff in Destiny is very fun.
2. A lot of that fun stuff requires doing a bunch of not so fun stuff that takes a long time before you can start it.
3. The fun stuff covered under 1 is generally fun enough to justify not having fun with 2.

I hope that makes it clear.

That is clear, and I hope you understand that it is often hard to see that from my perspective and I have to be reminded, honestly. From purely reading the forum, a number of people come across so negative and sometimes just plain mean, that it's hard for me to comprehend why they're still playing or posting. My mental image becomes someone holding a controller grumbling the entire time. It's hard to reconcile because sometimes people only vent frustration and remain quiet on the fun. :)

That's pretty much what I debate here these days: the attitudes, exaggerations, generalizations, and hyperbole. The forum would be a lot funner to read, and a better place to discuss criticism, without those things.

In no way am I saying people shouldn't play the game the way they want or to provide criticism of it. I just think the portrait often presented isn't very accurate, here, and it would help me relate better if I saw the complete picture.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread