Hmm...you're on to something here. (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:46 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm sitting here wearing a dead orbit shirt thinking about how I've become a casual Bungie fan.

If you aren't a level 30 and you still play the game all the time, are you really a Casual Bungie fan?

I haven't been evaluating my experience that way. Being Casual is about time investment, not results. Acuity with game mechanics is certainly a factor but I don't think it has to do with what level you're at, it has to do with how you got there, maybe?

And if you're posting on a forum about a game, I wouldn't call you Casual, certainly.

Yeah I used to play all the time, but now, whenever the grind kicks in (if I'm doing something I don't want to do because I can't access content that I want to play) I just do something else. My group of friends spend more time talking about how to minimize our grinding so we can play stuff like the raids.

We used to talk about the best strategies for Lockout while staying up late into the night. When in Australia, I'd get up at 5AM to play Reach. Now we just text each other about the haves and the have nots.

I don't get the obsession with getting "loot". Acquiring stuff is not my idea of fun. Trying out different play styles and strategies is fun, but right now I'm obviously hampered by not having ground enough to have the different weapons/builds available to do it.

There's an amazing game in there, I just feel like Bungie worked really hard to hide it behind a loot system that sounded so obnoxious when they talked excitedly about it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread