asking the same question repeatedly and apparently (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:51 (3440 days ago) @ scarab

You say that you like exploring but I feel that the Alpha was enough to know the Cosmodrome and that I know: Moon, Mars, and Venus pretty well now. What things are you still discovering that we haven't noticed? How much of the maps do you think that you have left unexplored?

Given that this thread has pointed out, repeatedly, that Levi has played fewer than HALF the number of hours of the people arguing against him, this is a pretty unreasonable question.

No it's not. He has been playing for months and has said that he is still finding stuff, still exploring. So it is reasonable to ask him what is he finding and how much of the world does he think is still unexplored by him.

He has finished the story so he has visited every planet. They are big but not incomprehensibly big. He has a had a couple of hours per night with time off. So he has probably visited every area at least once. he must have some memory of what he has done and where he has been and some idea of what is left. It is not at all unreasonable to ask him what he is discovering and how much he feels is left undiscovered.

Okay, maybe you missed my point.

According to Bungie.net, you put in about 440 hours between launch and December 1. Levi's put in less than 150, total, in a two-week-longer time period. I have no clue how your hours were spread throughout the 12 weeks you played it, but for the sake of simplicity, let's assume it was more or less even. That means when you were at the point that Levi is now (in terms of hours played), it was early October. Yes, you'd probably seen most of the areas there were to see in Destiny - but are you telling me that in early October, you'd already exhausted the fun there was to be had, and the subsequent 8 weeks of 5hr/day (average) playing was just because you'd been hooked and couldn't figure out how to quit?

Asking Levi what he's finding that you haven't noticed is unreasonable because I bet you can't even REMEMBER what you had or hadn't noticed by early October. Absolutely, he's not finding anything you haven't seen by NOW - but unless you'd exhausted everything there was to see or do in those first four weeks, or Levi is vastly more efficient at finding stuff than you are, the question (today) is unreasonable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread