Radiant Materials (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:45 (3441 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I hit 31 by Saturday evening, right before we loaded up Crota's End for the first time. I went into the second Raid wearing NONE of my VoG Raid armor--armor that took MONTHS to acquire.

Bungie, stop doing stupid.

You're completely right in terms of the progression being lopsided. But I look at it in a different way:

Reaching level 30 didn't mean much to me on its own. I wanted to get that raid gear and hit 30 so I could be more effective during the raid. I'm not inherently attached to my gear or light level... I care about what I am able to do within the missions I am playing. So I played the Vault of Glass dozens of times, earning slightly more effective gear as I went.

Now we have a new Raid and higher-level missions. The progression loop starts again. We scrape by with our VoG gear as we acquire new, better gear. Personally, I'm ok with that.

I was attached to my Vault of Glass gear, specifically the helmet--good perks, the extra super from killing enemies. Also the boots had the heavy ammo perk, which would be great if Bungie fixed the ammo loss bug. Seriously, please fix Bungie.

Although now I'm excited for the new Warlock Exotic helmet for the Nova Bomb perk. That sounds awesome. I'd rather be hunting new gear for the perks, not the light level. I want to desire them, not be obligated to use them because of their associated number.

If the game actually capped at 30 and Crota's End armor actually just had great perks for that specific Raid, then there'd be a reason to acquire a set for each Raid and don them for what Raid you're about to play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread