Eh, whatever. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:36 (3444 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

At this point it's clear that completing hard-mode crota won't be a barrier to entry for the House of Wolves raid, so I guess I don't care. I think I'll beat Crota once or twice and then go back to the crucible, which remains the most rewarding portion of the game to me.

I can see why hardcore, 'must be highest level' guys would be irritated, but being 31 isn't going to hurt me in Iron Banner so I don't much see the point in 32.

This is why the lack of endgame content is such a big deal. We have Crucible (whose offerings are still thin compared to Halo's smorgasbord of multiplayer options) the raid (of which there are a whopping two of) and the nightfall strikes. Thats it. There simply isn't much to do in Destiny still in terms of options.

By the end, Halo had TOO MUCH.

There needs to be a balance.

If I have to choose between 343's model of trying to please everyone (thus pleasing no one)

and

Bungie's model of "It's my body I do what I want"*

then I prefer Bungie's choice.

Destiny is still fun, but it's not "I have to play this every day" fun.

*A caveat to this being that I agree with their choice. In this case, when they do the our-way-or-the-highway approach, I can applaud them for DOING it, but if I don't like it, it doesn't matter anyway because I'd stop playing at that point :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread