That's because you play as it was designed. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:49 (3444 days ago) @ Leviathan

Your experience is arguably "better" than most because you are playing the game as Bungie intended, and at the pace it was designed for.

Destiny is not the kind of game that rewards you for playing it 8 hours a day once you get past level 20.

At that point, you stop progressing based on time you've put in.

The trend I notice is the people who have the most complaints about Destiny are ironically the ones who can't seem to stop playing it.

Cody has sunk a crap ton of hours into this game- his complaints from that perspective are totally valid, if not repetitive, and also why you don't see it like he does.

I've played a considerable amount as well, and my conclusion is that the "correct" way to play Destiny, or rather the way that it is encouraged is to play for only a couple hours a day, if that. Those couple hours would ideally be the player doing the daily heroic mission for upgrade materials, the simplest bounties for them (crucible, vanguard, or both) and maybe a public event or two and then that is a day.

Then, you have one day where you play longer, probably a weekend for most, where you complete the Nightfall and\or Heroic strike.

I think it's VERY apparent that while Bungie may have expected there to be a hard core group that rocketed to the top (in terms of levels and materials), they didn't expect there to be SO MANY PEOPLE.... so many.

I think that is where the divide is here. Cody and Spec op are playing AT LEAST 4 hours a day (I know you are fools, I see you on my friends list :P) while you play considerably less.

There is room to tweak all this, but maybe not much for Destiny 1. The game for the Levi's of the world is essentially perfect- you have plenty to do because you pace yourself. But for the sprinters, there isn't much to do except run the race again, which gets boring.

That's all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread