That's because you play as it was designed. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:52 (3440 days ago) @ Leviathan

If the impressions you've given, before just now, were received on a piece of mine, I'd think you hated it so much that you were simply not the right audience. If you had given me the whole picture, I would know how to improve the piece so much more and I could recognize the successes and build on them. :)

I am just telling you how it works, at least here in Hollywood. Yes, you will occasionally hear and get comments on how something is amazing. However, the vast majority of your time is spent hearing criticisms and critiques. Time is money, and people tend to be very direct. I don't know in what capacity you create art commercially, but I can imagine illustrators would receive the same type of feedback. You'd turn in a drawing, then you hear what's wrong with it so it can be fixed. We all want to make the best thing possible, and nothing is perfect the first time. We hear why it's not perfect, and just keep making it better until it's either as perfect as we can possibly make it or we run out of money.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread