games with investment systems are NOT designed to be (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:10 (3440 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(You've said a number of times that there are lots of Destiny that you like a lot - but I'm having trouble figuring out what, besides Raiding, is on that list. At one point multiplayer was, but you said recently that you were tired of it.)

Not tired of it, but I just had no motivation to do Iron Banner. It's basically the raids and the nightfalls really… I'm not giving up Destiny completely, just pretty much everything but those until I can comfortably beat Crota on Hard.

There is very, very little in my life that I consider 'grindy'. The fact that the dog needs walking twice a day, even when it's pouring... that might be considered grindy (but only on days when the weather sucks; on other days, it's an enjoyable break from sitting in front of my computer or running electrical wire or whatever it is I'm doing at the time). Pretty much nothing else in my day-to-day existence is 'grindy' - so 2 15-minute spans per day (many of which are handled by my wife or my son), on days when the weather sucks (which is less than half the days, I'd guess) is a level of grind I can live with. Maybe the issue here is not the grind, but perception of grind.

That's why I put "grind" in quotes. Not a whole lot of my life feels grindy, but I'm sure there's lots of people who hate their jobs, hate studying, hate upkeep tasks like cleaning, laundry or home repair, etc. I sure hate doing laundry, so I take it to a place, then pick it up several hours later washed and folded.

Oh no… I'm using microtransactions in real life to pay to avoid the grind! :-p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread