We need to build a statue. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:10 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Or that, you know, you're only right in your case, and not everyone else's. :)

The thing to note is that if they addressed everything I criticize, then your experience would not get worse at all, and would in fact most likely improve. Everybody wins.

You know, I've heard that argument before - it was made by competitive players about Halo.

Ah, but you see I am most certainly NOT on the side of competitive players with regards to multiplayer anymore. The changes I propose would be possibly even more beneficial to 'casuals' than to the 'hardcore'.

That wasn't my point at all. My point was, sitting here, outside of the development environment, it's pretty easy to say "everything I'm suggesting benefits the biggest complainers and doesn't change the experience at all for the folks who are already happy." (This is exactly what both the competitive players in Halo and you are saying, in general terms.) When it comes right down to it, though, it's not NEARLY as simple as anyone on the outside thinks.

If it were, there'd be far more 10-rated games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread