Doing things that you don't want to do in a game is a grind (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:26 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Killing 2 or more with fusion riffle twenty times over three characters - turning in the bounty - then getting a new bounty, "kill 2 or more with fusion riffle twenty times over"

that IS a grind.

Here, you and I totally agree.

I've done that bounty ONCE - and that was by accident. (Sort of. I took it by accident, and then couldn't bring myself to just abandon it, so I completed it. Didn't enjoy it at all, have never and will never pick it up again.)

That bounty is actually easy.

Step 1. Get a mythoclast :-p
Step 2. Hold trigger and kill stuff
Step 3. Bounty complete

(Mythoclast counts as a fusion rifle, so quick kills with the trigger held down count toward the bounty).

This reminds me of a story Click and Clack told once on Car Talk. One of the brothers was just learning about car repair (he was still a teenager), and someone told him about a repair series that was worth getting. He went into a bookstore, and saw that all of the books in the series were pretty short, and a quick flip through showed lots of pictures to boot, so he figured "this is the series for me!" He bought the one for the car he was currently working on, and took it home.

He flipped to the chapter about whatever repair he was currently working on, and started reading.

"Step 1. Remove the engine.
Step 2. Below the engine, you'll see blah blah blah"

(That's as far as he got - he returned the book. That 'Step 1' was a doozy!)

Or the old Steve Martin joke:

Here's how you get a million dollars and not pay taxes:

First, get a million dollars.
Then, don't pay taxes.

All this to say, nope, still not doing that bounty. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread