That all sounds great. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 15:15 (1682 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 15:24

It seems to strike a good balance between the gear customization that makes Destiny what it is and also providing a balanced experience.

I have been loving Crucible a lot over the past few seasons. Last night was the least fun I’ve ever had in Crucible. We played that stupid circular Cabal themed map, and I got spawn killed by the same Striker Titan four fucking times. I do not not like being mean, but whoever playtested that Super in its current situation was clearly having a really off day, at the very least.

Destiny has become filled with bullshit. Snipers are frustrating, but when I get killed by one, I can recognize the skill it takes to use one. I know I should’ve been more careful of my lanes and checked the corners. Jotunn, on the other hand, can be used effectively by blind idiots. As can Truth in Gambit.

The power fantasy is an important part of Destiny. I don’t want it to go away. But I don’t think it’s too much to ask to provide a more competitive alternative that can exist in isolation from the rest of the game.

I will always regret missing out in the original Trials era of Destiny PvP. I hope we see it return.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread