Reimagining "competitive" Destiny (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 12, 2019, 14:50 (1680 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Alternately, make shoulder charges while your super is active cost more energy on misses. Because the ground covered by spamming that is probably the biggest issue with it in Crucible right now.

Which is funny because that is the whole reason they changed this striker tree. When you were supering you barely every had the chance to even catch up! I remember spending my entire super just trying to chase someone down. And the only alternative was to do as you say, use the shoulder charge, but took basically the entire super just to catch up, if you were lucky, and then you only got one kill.

That’s how it should work. If you don’t deploy your super at an opportune time, you shouldn’t just automatically be able to run people down. Give roaming supers a slightly increased sprint speed above non-supered players (increase of 15 percent? 20?) and punish them for spamming attack to increase speed. Certainly allow them to do it, but at increased drain on your super meter.

But is that true of other supers? Striker has no chance to gain an advantage on enemies while supered. Bladedancer is in the same boat as far as I think can of, but at least it can defend itself. All other roaming supers have an advantage to get kills other than just running people down in plain sight.

I'm not saying that that striker subclass shouldn't be nerfed, but I also don't want it to be nerfed back to its useless old state before they decided to give it some love.

Also, I've said this before, but I don't know why people don't just jump? Titan shoulder charging is notoriously bad at targeting anything that isn't on their horizontal plane. Also, strikers supers are absolutely terrible at turning without slowing down a lot. Also, their camera is limited to a certain angle up and down. I even once used it and went through a teleported on the EAZ and found out that I couldn't actually look at the ground to see when I was going to hit it. I insta killed myself.

I’m not convinced that all supers should be balanced with each other in PvP. Maybe it’s ok for bottom-tree strikers to have a less-than stellar super ability (which was the case before they were buffed several months back). Perhaps a more interesting approach would be to gently improve their other subclass tree abilities, giving them a stronger neutral game? That might create a niche appeal for that subclass tree, for certain players or certain situations. It does seem to me that D2 players often choose their subclass based on their super ability above all else, which feels a bit shallow to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread