Woah, I LOVE that idea... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 12, 2019, 09:24 (1680 days ago) @ slycrel

A lot of great thoughts here :)

This in particular really jumped out at me:

another would be a mode that started with supers and gave you a handicap the less super energy you had -- making light a resource you managed, not the auto-fill battery mechanic we have now.

I LOVE this. Some kind of true cost to using a super might add exactly the sort of tactical element that I feel is missing from the current sandbox. It could also create a meaningful distinction between quickplay and comp. Quickplay could be dominated by the crazy, chaotic super spam as it is now, and Comp could be a more thoughtful mode where supers are spent, rather than simply used.

Of course, the devil is in the details. Exactly what kind of effects are applied when a player has a full super would need some thought, experimentation, and careful tuning to get right.

There are exotics in the game right now that give the player faster ability regeneration while their super is full. Perhaps something like that could be applied; faster ability regeneration, or marginally boosted statistics (mobility, resilience, and health regen).

I may be crazy, but I might want something like that to apply to the whole game... PvE and everything. But let's not get carried away :)

ps

Happy belated birthday! Hope you're doing well <3

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread