Reimagining "competitive" Destiny (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 06:57 (1680 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I will say that dodging is a lot harder to accommodate when playing MKB. I play with about a 5 3/4” 360. I suppose the lack of reticle stickiness and what-not could exacerbate some of the issues. I will say that for roaming supers that have a “melee” build you are limited to comparing Fists of Havoc, Spectral Blades, and Arcstaff. You could include Stormtrance and Novawarp, due to a requirement to close distance. But of the 3 specifically melee options you are right that the Titan tree has the least in the way of options. Two Arcstaff subtrees give you additional defensive options and Spectral Blades has invis.

I agree.

But I think the point is degrees. Strikers have a shutdown super with Thundercrash. And the only reason to run Code of the Earthshaker is with Skullfort for the strong neutral game with a mostly useless super because it is far less broken than Juggernaut in that regard. Mostly it just gets a shutdown super cast on you because they are afraid you’re using Juggernaut. The aftershocks don’t do enough and there are no maps that get you any benefit for the bonus damage from height.

Strikers have:
1. Neutral game (EarthShaker)
2. Shutdown (Thundercrash)
3. Roamer (Juggernaut)

So you are saying that strikers are too powerful because they have a subclass in each category? Or are you saying that Juggernaut is just too powerful compared to the other two? Because I personally think that Juggernaut has a terrible shutdown and neutral game, so it evens out.

I personally feel most subclasses need to be reworked. But I also would love to go back to fully customized subclasses.

I feel like Armor 2.0 might scratch that itch a little bit, but we shall see.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread