Reimagining "competitive" Destiny (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, August 11, 2019, 10:39 (1682 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I like a lot of that, but I'm not sure of the limited loadouts. The only way I would be for it is if I had availability of every archetype of every weapon type. Experimenting with weapons is one of the big draws for me. If I am severely limited on weapons I am not as interested. I like to mix things up regularly.

My biggest problem is that supers and power weapons are too prevalent. Like you said, I have fun with the gun play and can analyze why I got beat during that part of the game. As soon as the super trains start I can expect to die 4 or 5 times in a row and I only have a chance to survive if I use my super to stop one of those. I think a few things can be done to help that:
1. Reduce movement speed and duration of roaming supers, especially bottom tree striker. I have been running that lately and I can wipe the other team and then some before running out. There's no reason a roaming super should be able to make a full lap and more around a map.
2. More super shutdown options. This could be either reducing the armor during a super, or incresing weapon damage against supers. I would increase special weapon damage. Give me a fighting chance with a sniper or shotgun to shut down that guy charging at me.
3. Radar indicator for someone who is in super. It really sucks when I'm all set to ambush someone coming sound the corner only to be smashed or slashed by thier super. Some kind of different color or something on the radar to indicate that would help it not feel so cheap when they kill me. Right now, if I see the feed say someone activated a super, I have to run away from every radar blip because I have to assume that is the person in their super.
4. Reduce super charge rate and orb drop rate in crucible. I think 2 supers max per game is enough. I had a guy last night kill me at least 4 separate times with his super. And each time he just came zipping around a corner before I could react.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread