Reimagining "competitive" Destiny (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 11, 2019, 21:40 (1712 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

In my mind, a competitive player is focusing on the game at precisely that level: 1 gunfight at a time. This goes beyond Destiny. This is generally how athletes think during a game or a race. 1 possession at a time. 1 point at a time. 1 foot in front of the other. You don’t focus on “the game”. You focus on the hundreds of little moments that all add up to make the game.

I don't think that's true. Part of being a competitive player is thinking many steps ahead of your opponent. If you are only reacting to the the thing immediately in front of you, you will lose to someone who is thinking about what is going to happen in the next minute of the game.

This discounts many things such as super management, heavy control, map control, spawn camping, etc, which win games. Listen to someone like True Vanguard talk about how he plays the game. His thoughts are always on many things at once, even just during a gunfight.

I’ll average somewhere close to 20-30 kills per game, and 10-15 deaths. And of those 10-15 deaths, roughly half or more are absolutely unavoidable.

And how many of your kills were unavoidable for the enemy?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread