One small correction

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, July 12, 2013, 06:33 (3944 days ago) @ kapowaz

I'm sure a minority of people use forge, yet if it were taken out that'd be a huge problem. Most people probably never used films in Campaign, but they are gone now and tons of people miss it.

That's very true, and does underscore why Bungie has many times-- not always-- gone above and beyond for something they think is cool, even if they know not everyone appreciates it.

Forge is a special case, too: its inclusion benefits people who have no interest in creating stuff with it themselves since the minority who do enrich the experience for everyone. It can't be looked at in a vacuum.

I'd say the same for films, too, to a degree. Films make a variety of fan-created content much easier, which enriches the experience for everyone, and extends the life of the franchise by generating interest in it long after game launch dates.

My biggest two complaints about Halo 4 were the lack of films and the horrible web interface through which 343 delivered stats, both of which made it impossible (for me) or difficult to do things I could do with ease before, which I like to think built community and interest.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread