It's not so much WHAT you say as it is HOW you say it... (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:22 (3249 days ago) @ Leviathan

He's coming off a bit douchey and dismissive throughout the whole interview. That's going to rub most folks the wrong way...

I thought the interviewer came off irritable and douchey, too. That's not going to lead to good discussion.

They both sounded kind of unprofessional, but I commend whoever Eurogamer sent to do the interview and whoever approved sending them for capturing both the content and the tone of the negative reaction very well while still being much more civil than a lot of what's been said. I think a lot of journalism, especially games journalism, could do with less rolling over and taking what you're given and more pressing your source for actual answers instead of the platitudes and talking points they're usually focused on repeating. In this case, the interviewer was looking for why they priced it this way and what they thought and felt about the negative side of the fan reaction. In the end, they didn't get much, but I commend them for trying.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread