I'm going to explain this again simply (Destiny)

by Monochron, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 12:40 (3246 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

I dunno man, I gotta say I'm feeling pretty good about my thoughts on that guy's opinion, and that his opinion was pretty spot on considering that Bungie has now gone into damage control mode and Luke has issued an apology.

Bungie's response was triggered by the community backlash of which his article was a part. He helped trigger their response. It's cool if you agree with his opinions, I don't happen to, but my post was not about that. It was about what he wrote being sensationalist.

I guess I'd add that "The entire interview is absolutely worth a read, and Bungie has to be scrambling for damage control after this" is actually an opinion. He in his estimation, the interview is worth a read, and in his estimation, Bungie is probably scrambling for damage control (which they were, and did).

Yeah I don't disagree that that sentence consists of his opinions. We both agree that he wrote an opinion piece, not a news piece. I have already been over what I don't like in his presentation.

So, yeah, the only thing sensational about this whole thing is how defensive people were of Bungie. Are you sure you weren't tossing out criticism because what the guy was saying made you uncomfortable?

I guess you aren't going to reread my original post. I already explained what I think was so sensationalist. And I guess you are still trying to guess my motives rather than listen to my arguments. Just for the sake of repetition: one of those things that make this article sensationalist is the bombastic title.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread