Hope bungie reads this... (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 01:08 (3250 days ago) @ Claude Errera

...and I don't think I am alone... I have ALREADY purchased the core game twice.

I bought the white ps4 destiny edition, that came with the console. I was annoyed for some time that I need a disc to play the game. So finally a few months ago I picked up the digital download edition so I wouldn't have to use my disc anymore. Which is silly, because it's not like there's a difference... it's a software switch. But hey, it's destiny, and I really like it and play a lot, so it's worth it right? (This has been great, I really like the digital download disc-less convenience. Even if it did make me re-download the whole game, also silly)

At that time I couldn't justify the collector's edition because I had previously bought the ps4 bundle and the season pass as well. I missed out on the red ghost and a few other niceties, but eh, I'll be okay. It's not like they will do that again.

Heh.

So, I am now in the same boat, but worse. Because the digital download special edition is the same price as the physical special edition -- you just don't get all the physical goodies. And if I -do-want to get the physical goodies then tough luck -- I am disc locked again. Not gonna do that, it would mean my double purchase was wasted.

So I'd be paying $40 for some emotes, no disc, and what I really want -- the XP bonus class items. My time is at a premium. I wasn't terribly interested in the extras until i heard about those.

So it feels like a double stick-it-to-ya. I pay a ton for a few digital items and miss out on the physical goodies, just so I can get a couple of class items that save me a little grinding.

Kinda sad about that, but I just can't justify the cost. It's a bit much. I'll be picking up the $40 version.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread