A calmer response (Destiny)

by Miguel Chavez, Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 14:31 (3249 days ago) @ someotherguy

[[[ much snipped]]

I'll just sum up and say I am thankful that we found common ground. I mean that sincerely.

I agree almost completely. The only part I take issue with (and the reason for my previous post) is the rudeness. You call it a slap in the face, I call it churlish namecalling. You're clearly a smart guy, everything you've said makes sense, and everyone tells me how nice you are. So why the attitude? Surely you could achieve the same with a well-worded argument rather than rudeness? You could probably achieve more - I know I got so annoyed by it that I forgot how much I agreed with you.

Like I said - argue. Discuss. Disagree. Call people out. Don't belittle them. It's not a wakeup call, all it does is piss people off, and angry people don't make for good discussion.

I'm sorry but I will leave it to Claude and Levi to present the 'nice' side of the opposition. The thing is I have seen those poor souls try that approach for the longest time. It has not worked. Case in point, now folks are using that Forbes article which jumps on the anti-Bungie bandwagon as 'proof' that all the fixes are coming because a loud angry mob demanded restitution.

Since you are a reasonable person, not taken to sudden conclusions, please tell me how this is setting up any decent precedent? If anything it's furthering the cycle of announcement-outrage- dev reaction to calm down the fan base..

So Bungie now is beholden to this cycle for the next 9 years? That is sheer lunacy to me.

- M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread