Hope bungie reads this... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 18:21 (3249 days ago) @ slycrel

...and I don't think I am alone... I have ALREADY purchased the core game twice.

I bought the white ps4 destiny edition, that came with the console. I was annoyed for some time that I need a disc to play the game. So finally a few months ago I picked up the digital download edition so I wouldn't have to use my disc anymore. Which is silly, because it's not like there's a difference... it's a software switch. But hey, it's destiny, and I really like it and play a lot, so it's worth it right? (This has been great, I really like the digital download disc-less convenience. Even if it did make me re-download the whole game, also silly)

At that time I couldn't justify the collector's edition because I had previously bought the ps4 bundle and the season pass as well. I missed out on the red ghost and a few other niceties, but eh, I'll be okay. It's not like they will do that again.

Heh.

So, I am now in the same boat, but worse. Because the digital download special edition is the same price as the physical special edition -- you just don't get all the physical goodies. And if I -do-want to get the physical goodies then tough luck -- I am disc locked again. Not gonna do that, it would mean my double purchase was wasted.

I sincerely doubt that you'll be disc locked. I'm thinking it's a vanilla Destiny on the disc with codes to download everything else, but I've been trying to get that verified. I also want to know if the last-gen digital version will be transferable to next gen. I've brought up both questions several times here. Let us know, Bungie!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread