It's not so much WHAT you say as it is HOW you say it... (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:25 (3250 days ago) @ Earendil

Certain he had a hard time articulating a good response to very pointed questions, but the interviewer was also phrasing it in a negative way.

As I pointed out, one could just as easily say that the emotes, shaders, and exotic class items each cost $4.50 a piece, and you get a bunch of other collector junk for free, along with a second copy of the game. $4.50 is well within the realm of a lot of other games that actually break out and charge for cosmetic additions to their games.

But I get what you mean about him not coming across the best. He had sort of a "take it or leave it" attitude which some may not like. It's the way it is though, and it's unlikely he had much to do with the decision anyway.

I wish they would talk to the decision-makers for these things. We finally hear from someone that's a bit more on the engineering side, and it's not about anything relating to gameplay or UI or responsiveness or bugs or any of that, it's about pricing, which is a whole different department.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread