I'm going to explain this again simply (Destiny)

by Fuertisimo, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 03:36 (3249 days ago) @ Monochron

The interviewer has every right to ask Luke questions about the pricing structure, and at no point did Luke say "I don't know" "That's not really my area" or "I'd rather not talk about that". On the contrary, Luke continued to supply answers, sometimes with a considerable amount of confidence, answering as "we" (we being Bungie, who he was speaking for).

As for sensationalism, what exactly was sensationalist about this? This is clearly a topic that is of great interest to people who do and don't play Destiny, is extremely timely and doesn't involve any outlandish claims by the interviewer.

If you think it's sensationalist for the interviewer to ask questions based on factual information regarding Bungie's future pricing plans, then perhaps you need to examine how you yourself actually feel about this issue, because I sense you're clinging to some pretty flimsy defenses.

As for the Forbes article, no doubt that it is opinion, and little surprise, considering the author is listed as an opinion contributor! My word, an opinion columnist writing an opinion column. Queue the sighed lamentation of "journalism these days".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread