It's all relative (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 21:51 (3249 days ago) @ Earendil

They won't even make me sad, except when I see people buy them. I'm sorry, but a dance emote is not 1/4 of the content of an expansion. It's not even close.

You forgot the "to my" qualifier at the end of that last sentence. If someone comes up to me tonight, shows me a dance emote that I think is kickass, and offers to trade it to me for my beer, I'd do it.

It happens in the mobile app space too. People see a $1 "that will do" app and compare it to a "quality, clean, and slick" app that costs $5. They determine they aren't getting 5x the value, and balk at the $5 price tag. They then turn around and spend $20 going out to dinner.

We all do comparative shopping, and the value each of us places in an items is unique. Maybe you haven't had a good beer in years, and wouldn't trade it for the world. Maybe you didn't know there was beer good enough that it would cost $5. I personally can think that an emote is not 1/12 the game in content, but I can also say that compared to other places I spend $5, an emote might actually provide more laughs and entertainment for a longer period of time.

Totally good points and my $14 Guldendraak won't argue with you!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread