I'm going to explain this again simply (Destiny)

by Fuertisimo, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 02:27 (3247 days ago) @ Monochron

I think you throw around words like sensationalism because you just don't like what's going on.

That statement is true. It's also pretty much irrelevant because I explained the reasons why I called it sensationalism. You are free to disagree, but I wouldn't recommend you try to divine my intentions over the internet.

As for opinion masquerading as fact, that kind of trips at the first hurdle as it is an opinion piece not a news piece, thereby we can conclude that anything written therein is in fact, opinion.

Sorry, you may have missed what I was getting at. We know it is the authors opinion, but the author is acting like he is making unassailable factual claims:

Like, Bungie employees posted to some forums/outlets? Is that scrambling?

Anyway, like I said, I don't like opinion pieces written like this but that isn't a big deal. It was only 2 sentences under my point #3 in my original post. A passing comment really.

I dunno man, I gotta say I'm feeling pretty good about my thoughts on that guy's opinion, and that his opinion was pretty spot on considering that Bungie has now gone into damage control mode and Luke has issued an apology.

So.

I guess I'd add that "The entire interview is absolutely worth a read, and Bungie has to be scrambling for damage control after this" is actually an opinion. He in his estimation, the interview is worth a read, and in his estimation, Bungie is probably scrambling for damage control (which they were, and did).

So, yeah, the only thing sensational about this whole thing is how defensive people were of Bungie. Are you sure you weren't tossing out criticism because what the guy was saying made you uncomfortable?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread