Wow (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:43 (3249 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

I don't entirely disagree. If you boil it down to "We want our dances" it IS pretty silly. But your attitude stinks. The guy is a "kid" and not a journalist why? Because he's asking questions a lot of people want to know?

Or is it his "bias" as a fan that makes his questions somehow less acceptable? (Beaides which it's not like he didn't disclose it). You're right in that he came at the interview from a specific angle, but the questions were no less valid, and at no point was he especially "unprofessional" - He did his job, asked some questions and got some answers.

What he did do is not sit and mindlessly ask the Press Release questions then come back to us with "Here is a Press Release I reworded a bit", which I appreciate. If I want a press release I'll read it from the source. Journalism is about asking questions and he did a great job doing that. Both sides said their piece with all biases disclosed and the reader can decide. Journalism.

My disclosure: Im buying the thing because I like Collector's Editions. Bungie have made their position clear so I've made a decision. But I feel that it's a position they've taken solely because they know they can get away with it. They've even mentioned that the CE stuff is there to bait existing players into rebuying content. Sadly that's the way the industry works - I'll live. But I understand the "outrage" - the industry shouldn't work like that. This thing isn't that bad, but it's an easy example people can get behind.

Almost forgot: I can't stand people who belittle others for their beliefs. Disagree all you want. Explain how wrong they are or why their beliefs are unrealistic/inappropriate/whatever. Don't just reduce them to "kids", "entitled" or "whiners". It does nothing to further discussion, all it does is make people feel shitty, small and/or angry. That's not how intelligent discourse works and it's not good for anyone.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread