I agree with Leviathan . . . (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 05, 2015, 21:23 (3166 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I think it's always been around, but now it's both technologically easy and socially acceptable to make your outrage heard by everyone willing to pay attention for a minute.
I contest the idea that we shouldn't talk about it though. It's not strictly our business but it doesn't need to be private either, and labeling a topic as out-of-bounds makes me nervous.

I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be discussed necessarily. I just think it should be acknowledged that it's not our business to know anything about how their game was developed. They don't answer to us. People are going crazy everywhere, blaming Activision for everything, where I see basically zero evidence to support this. They're upholding this ruling as proof, but it proves nothing about anything, other than Bungie illegally stripped Marty of his company stock. It's not relevant to anything else in the development of Destiny; it's doesn't show Activision interference or some sort of Bungie cultural shift to please their Activision overlords. It's one very specific instance that we still know next to nothing about.

I'm just tired of seeing people be so toxic about the whole thing. Mostly other places around the web, but it happens here too. If you didn't like the game, that's not Bungie's fault. It's not like they set out and intentionally said, you know what, that one guy on the internet would really like this feature . . . fuck that guy, we're not doing it! Just acknowledge that the game isn't for you, and go play something else.

And I'm in no way aiming any of that specifically at you, General Vagueness. Just at the situation in general.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread