I agree with Leviathan . . . (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 05, 2015, 21:41 (3165 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Are we getting outraged about people's outrage now?

Only in the sense that it mostly seems petty and childish. It's not Bungie's fault someone didn't like their game. Maybe the game simply isn't for them. I thought Bioshock Infinite was just awful. I wasn't pissed at Irrational Games for making a game I didn't like. Instead, I realize it just wasn't designed for me specifically. I stopped playing it and moved on to something else.

Lets not confuse being critical of decisions Bungie made as a company with bashing Bungie itself. It's the same as with human beings. I can be critical of something someone does without being critical of the person themself. I'm not sure that being critical of Bungie's partnership with Activision really constitutes Bungie bashing. If people were Bungie bashing they would probably say something like "Bungie are fucking stupid and they suck".

I actually think it is a form of Bungie bashing for most people. It's basically saying that Bungie is stupid and can't make decisions on what's good for their company because clearly they can't handle it and partner with Activision. Like I said before, they picked the publisher that best fit their needs. It's not something we get to decide. We can judge, sure, and the argument can be made that it wasn't a good fit. We'll never know the truth to that, though. I'd say it worked out alright. Destiny is great and a lot of fun; I'd say it worked.

But it is nice that I'm at least permitted to say it.

Again, I don't think anyone shouldn't be allowed to discuss it. It just seems like it's a subject that breeds a lot of toxicity, and it's not like the internet needs any more of that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread