I agree with Leviathan . . . (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 05, 2015, 22:50 (3166 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Just ignore the toxicity then, if that's how you view all of this. You're making a decision to engage with it, and if it's troubling you, then just don't engage. You're happy with Destiny, so just be happy and be troubled not by what us random Johnnies think or say.

As I said, it's mostly pertaining to other places on the web. I try not to read comments on Destiny articles anywhere, as they're mainly just awful.

It's not so bad here, but it does still happen a bit. And that's okay. Some folks are disappointed, and I can even understand wanting to understand why Destiny is the way it is, to further judge whether continued engagement is warranted.

But it's just a little sad to me that folks like Leviathan want to disengage because of it. It's something that should never happen here, but it keeps happening more and more. And it's a damn shame.

And it seems like it's mostly because some folks can't just let things go. I wasn't around for the launch of Destiny or the first six to seven months of the game. I started playing and hanging out here around a month before HoW dropped. It's been a year now since Destiny launched, at what point does the whole "Bungie lied to us!" mentality go away, or at least hit the sidelines?

As has been said before multiple times, it makes folks who actually enjoy Destiny disengage because they feel like they can't say anything without being attacked, even if it's only subtly, or made to feel like an idiot for enjoying Destiny as it is.

And look, I'm not pointing fingers at you or anyone else here, I'm not trying to start arguments or make anyone feel bad or attack anyone for anything. It's just a general pervasive negativity that is exhausting past a certain point. We're all here because we like Bungie and/or Destiny, and discussing the faults of either are completely okay. It's just that those discussions seem to happen way more often and with much more vigor than the positive ones.

I'm not great at conveying things through words, so it's hard for me to not come off like I'm scolding people or something like that. I enjoy having discussions, and I'm not saying that those that want to discuss this situation or any others are wrong. What sparked this whole subthread is just that people are using this story as "proof" for whatever predetermined conceptions they already had, when it ultimately proves nothing, and that bothers me. But you're right, I can't change that, so why engage at all?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread