I agree with Leviathan . . . (Gaming)

by Fuertisimo, Saturday, September 05, 2015, 21:26 (3166 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Are we getting outraged about people's outrage now?

Lets not confuse being critical of decisions Bungie made as a company with bashing Bungie itself. It's the same as with human beings. I can be critical of something someone does without being critical of the person themself. I'm not sure that being critical of Bungie's partnership with Activision really constitutes Bungie bashing. If people were Bungie bashing they would probably say something like "Bungie are fucking stupid and they suck".

I actually imagine a lot of the angst over how things have played out comes from a place of caring about Bungie and their work because we feel some kind of connection to them, for whatever reason.

Also, I kind of feel like I am allowed to complain about a companies product, even if it is ultimately futile. If you think it's stupid for people to complain on the internet then just don't care. I don't see why you would care unless you were somehow personally distressed by the current hullabaloo.

Also, this is a gathering place for people to talk about things relating to Destiny/Bungie. Just saying.

Also I feel like I kind of can complain about something I purchased, particularly if I feel like I was mislead in making that purchase. It's a little authoritarian to say that people aren't allowed to express displeasure about things wouldn't you say?

Bungie, if you actually are reading this, which I doubt (though Deej might who knows), I want you to know that I don't hate you, I don't think you're bad people, and I have spent many enjoyable hours playing your creative works. I'm just not thrilled with how things have played out with your most recent product, and I feel like maybe there were some decisions made that were detrimental to the ultimate success of the product. I am a little bit aggravated because I feel like I was mislead about the game leading up to my purchase, but I'm willing to concede that that might be less about deliberate deception and more about a late stage reworking of the product.

And everything I just wrote was total bollocks because Bungie have better things to do than worry about what I have to say about anything. I doubt most of the people on this board care what I have to say about all of this. But it is nice that I'm at least permitted to say it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread