Yes. (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 17:48 (3164 days ago) @ car15

But that's a straw man. Nobody is saying that they are.

My point was mostly in reply to this:

The facade continues to crumble. I'm genuinely curious how much it's going to take for people to get their heads out of the sand on all of this. If you like Destiny go ahead and play it, knock yourself out but don't deny that shit for Bungie as a company has been getting whack for a while, and is only getting worse.

My point was that a company is made up of people, of individuals. Just because the company did a shitty thing doesn't mean the whole machine is corrupted. I believe it is too simple to say "Bungie is whack" since it is made up of a huge range of people, many of whom do work I still love and am inspired by.

There are probably (almost certainly) people at Bungie that do feel this way, but it's not really our concern as the customer. Bungie is a business. What matters is the impact their decisions have on the customer.

So you're saying to ignore what they've done? In that respect, I'm a happy customer.

Plus, let's put this into a little bit of perspective. Bungie stole property from Marty. That is a crime. They deserve to catch shit for it.

I never said they shouldn't. And obviously, there was some question to whether it was a crime, hence an arbitrator was involved.

But I think Bungie did do something shitty. I think everyone involved probably did shitty things in a challenging situation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread