I agree with Leviathan . . . (Gaming)

by Fuertisimo, Monday, September 07, 2015, 23:31 (3164 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I interpreted the Marty/Ryan protest as an after the fact thing, if I was reading what happened correctly but maybe not.

And as far as Marty being least of all surprised by what happened, that's kind of my point, he apparently was surprised, and not only was he surprised but one of Bungie's head honchos agreed with him regarding the situation. I think that's pretty telling. Whether they felt their was a contractual breach occurring or perhaps they had a verbal agreement regarding how marketing was going to be handled for that E3 event, something happened that Marty and Ryan either weren't expecting, didn't agree with, or both.

The Infinity Ward thing is one of the more egregious examples of Activision in action, but I think even more enlightening is looking up some Bobby Kotick quotes. Kotick is the exec who was on site at Bungie when the journalists first got invited to see the game, and then didn't get to see the game in one of the more bizarre PR maneuvers in recent memory.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread