It is our business... (Gaming)

by naturl selexion, Saturday, September 05, 2015, 23:06 (3166 days ago) @ cheapLEY

But the bottom line is this: it's really not our business what happened. Whether Activision interfered, or whether Bungie scrapped things and started over, or anything else, they shipped Destiny. Maybe they shipped exactly the game they wanted to make. Either you like it or you don't; that should be the end of it. There doesn't need to be blame laid at anyone's feet. If you don't like it, move on. Why can't it be that simple?

Destiny is a good game. I think we all agree on that. I also think that most of us agree that it could have been better. Some of us think that it was going to be better - but some weird stuff happened at Bungie and things got changed. There is evidence to support this.

I will tell you that I played Destiny, or a version of it, 18 months before it was released. I don't remember it that well, in part because while I was twiddling thumbsticks in Bellevue, my mother was in Seattle having open heart surgery. I was in a bit of a fog that day.

When I played the real thing in September, I was disappointed. It did not have the depth that I expected - not even close. Many people feel the same and they want to know why. I would think that a Destiny forum would be the perfect place for such discussion.

As far as it not being our business what happened... why shouldn't it be our business? We are the ones paying for the game, keeping the community active and investing hundreds of hours of our time into this game. Bungie has said countless times that they do listen to their community, that they value this community. I think those facts give us permission to gripe about stupid things that they did. It is feedback. It won't change what has already happened but it may affect what happens in the future. If we all adopted the "take it or leave it" attitude, Destiny would not be the same game it is now.

When Bungie tells us that they don't want to hear what we have to say, that is when I'll move on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread